View larger imageDatasheetUser manual
Serial 72 Line Digital I/O Unit
- Connects via RS232 or RS485
- 72 DIO lines
- TTL level I/O
- I/O Connector: 3x DB25 Male
- LED indication of power connection
- Ideal for portable/laptop applications
- Housing: Plastic ABS with rubber feet
- Power: 260mA max
- O/S Support for Windows 98/ME/XP/2000
- Includes EDRE SDK and WaveView for Windows
- Dimensions: 45(H) x 80(W) x 148(L) mm
- Supplied with EDR Enhanced Software & Universal Switch Mode 9V PSU
The MicroDAQ SRL-72A is a general purpose digital I/O product which communicates to the host PC via an RS-232 or RS-485 (dependent on model) serial connection. Based on the industry standard 82C55 PPI device. They Feature 72 TTL level digital I/O lines. The I/O can be programmed in banks of 8 as inputs or outputs.
Two interface versions are available for the serial MicroDAQ range, these include RS-232 models and RS-485 models. The RS-232 models are best suited for short distances (up to 30 meters).
The RS-485 models allow for long distance data transmission (up to 1200 meters). These RS-485 models are ideally suited for process control applications in a plant or industrial environment, which require long cable runs.
This digital I/O product is ideal for use in the connection between a computer and the outside world. Allowing computer programs not only to sense real world events, but control them as well. Applications include man-machine interfacing, driving high power loads, sensing switch contact closures and much more.