View larger imageDatasheet
Serial 48 Ch Digital I/O & Counter/Timer Units
- Connects via RS232 or RS485
- 6x 16-bit Counter/Timers (82C54)
- 48 Digital I/O lines (6/12 x 8-bit ports) - TTL level
- I/O Connector: 3x DB25 Male
- LED indication of power
- Ideal for Portable/Laptop Applications
- Housing: Plastic ABS with rubber feet
- Operating Temp: 0 to 70C
- O/S Support for Windows 98/ME/XP/2000 & Linux
- Includes EDRE SDK
- Includes WaveView for Windows Data Acquisition Software Application
- Power: 9VDC Operation (2.1mm DC socket)
- Supplied with a 1A 9VDC external PSU
- Power Consumption: 400mA max
- Dimensions: 45(H) x 80(W) x 148(L) mm
- Supplied with EDR Enhanced Software & Universal Switch Mode 9V PSU
The MicroDAQ SRL-48C is a counter/timer product with a serial interface. They feature six 16-bit counter/timers and 48 programmable digital I/O channels. Based on the industry standard TTL 82C54 & 82C55 devices.
Two interface versions are available for the serial MicroDAQ range, these include RS-232 models and RS-485 models. The RS-232 models are best suited for short distances (up to 30 meters). The RS-485 models allow for long distance data transmission (up to 1200 meters). These RS-485 models are ideally suited for process control applications in a plant or industrial environment, which require long cable runs.
Counter/timers can be used for frequency measurements, pulse counting, pulse width modulation, and pulse generation. The counter/timers can also be programmed to generate events at specific intervals. This can be useful for time interval generation.
The 48 TTL level digital I/O channels can be programmed as inputs or outputs in banks of 8. This digital I/O product is ideal for use in the connection between a computer and the outside world. Allowing computer programs not only to sense real-world events but control them as well. Applications include man-machine interfacing, driving high power loads, sensing switch contact closures and much more.
Included Installation Kit (SRL-RS232-AC)
- 1 x Universal AC PSU (9V)
- Serial Cable (1.8 m; F-F)